- range: 0.1 to 42 inHg
- resolution: 0.001 inHg
- accuracy: ?0.002 inHg
- units: inHg, mbar
- range: -4000 ft. to 100,000 ft.
- resolution: 1 foot
- accuracy: ? 2 ft. @ 0 ft.
- ? 6 ft. @ 35,000 ft.
- ? 12 ft. @ 50,000 ft.
- ? 50 ft. @ 80,000 ft.
- units: feet, meters
- range: 0 ft/min to ?50,000 ft/min
- resolution: 1 ft/min
- accuracy: ?1% of rate of climb
- units: feet/min, meters/sec
- range: 0.1 to 110 inHg
- resolution: 0.001 inHg
- accuracy: ?0.003 inHg
- Pt units: inHg, mbar, EPR
- Qc units: inHg, mbar
- range: 0 to 1100 knots
- resolution: 0.1 knots
- accuracy: ? 1.5 knots @ 20 knots
- ? 0.5 knots @ 50 knots
- < 0.25 knots above 100 knots
- < 0.1 knots above 300 knots
- units: knots, km/hr, mph, Mach
- Rate of change: 0 to 500 knots/min
- range: 0.0 to 5.0 Mach
- resolution: 0.001 Mach
- accuracy: ?0.001 above 0.2 Mach
Dimensions & weights
- 4U Rack-mount design
- 7.0” (h) x 19.0” (w) x 20.0” (d) / 30 lbs
- Operating temp. 0?C to 50?C
- Storage temp. -25?C to 75?C
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
The very high accuracy of the tester and NIST-traceable calibration make the tester fully RVSM-compliant.
Calibration period: 1 year
Pressure & Vacuum system
The unit includes dual vacuum pumps and a pressure pump for higher reliability. The pressure system includes a membrane dryer and filter to provide clean dry air for the entire system. No external pumps a re required.
Simply enter the target set-points for altitude and airspeed and the unit automatically achieves the targets, ramping at the programmed rates. Control at the set-point is stable within ? 1 foot, ? 0.1 knot or ?0.001 inHg.
User-programmable limits for altitude, airspeed, Mach and VSI provide protection to the aircraft.
“Jog” and “Hold” features
Set-points can be “jogged” up or down in small increments. Ramping to a set-point can be put on “hold” and controlled at the current measured value.
Brings Pitot and Static outputs to ambient “ground” pressure after completing a test.
A profile of set-points can be downloaded from a PC, allowing the user to step through the set-points using a single key. Each profile can have up to 50 set-points and 20 profiles can be stored in the unit.
Pitot and Static leak-checks can be performed either independently or simultaneously. Three leak-timers can be programmed to perform timed leaks between 1 to 20 minutes. The display of ?instant? leak rates provides immediate feedback to the user.
Local display and keypad
The local display and keypad are the operator interface for the tester. All valid parameters, including altitude, climb and airspeed, are clearly displayed simultaneously on a single screen on the local display.
On loss of power, the unit automatically vents both outputs to ambient pressure at a controlled rate.
- Since the pumps are included, this is the Ideal tester for rack-mount ATE systems.
- Ideal tester for use in an instrument-shop for testing and calibrating ADC’s, altimeters, airspeed indicators, VSI’s, cabin pressure controllers, FDR’s and other air-data instruments.
- 90-260 VAC, 47-440 Hz ; 100 VA
- RS232 and IEEE-488
- Remote unit optional